Thursday, January 6, 2011

Working Class Heroes

My first week as a 24 year old nanny is about to commence, and my overall feelings about my new job are mostly positive. The kids are cute, the parents are awesome, and I get home before 7:00 pm! My work day typically starts around 7:30 and usually ends between 4 and 5. The hardest part so far has been the early mornings, but for me anytime before 9:30 am is early, not to mention I'm really only getting up about half an hour earlier than I was before. Plus, I get a little bit of downtown when the kids are napping. My favorite part about my new job however, (besides getting to slip in some awesome day time television now and then) is the fact that I actually have time to get stuff done! For example, I actually did the grocery shopping this week! Then today, I was able to swing by the tanning bed, (don't judge me), make a quick trip to Walgreen's, and be home by 5:00; just in time to put on my Abbey Road vinyl and COOK DINNER! Portobello mushroom "burgers" with asparagus.Yum. Then I finally got around to creating a Mii, which I consider my biggest accomplishment so far this week. Tomorrow I'm looking forward to cleaning my car and painting my nails. Waaahhhoooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment