Sunday, June 19, 2011

Old Is Gold

In a world obsessed with "faux" (faux fur, faux-plants, and my personal favorite; faux lashes), I like to take a break now and then to say, "faux-shmo." I'm talking antiques people. I love em'. No faux-distressed furniture for this gal. Nope, when it comes to splurging on something fun for the house, nothing gets my heart racing like a good vintage piece.

Some of my favorites:



Garden Chair

Magazines


Vintage Ads


This is an old smoker that we had in my house growing up (we never used it of course).


Records,  they're not just fun to listen to (although we do), but they also look nice on a cool shelf.

My grandma gave me this vase; One of my favorites



This served as my closet growing up. Now it just holds lots of memories (and hides my dirty laundry).







No comments:

Post a Comment