Friday, January 20, 2012

The Adventures of Baby Bo: 2 Months

On January 13 my sweet little Baby Bo turned 2 months! I can hardly believe how much he has changed since   he was born. He went in for his 2 month check-up this week, so we were finally able to find out how much weight he has gained. He has gone from 8 lbs 3 oz at birth to 13 lbs 8 oz, putting him in the 89th percentile. Dang! Since switching him to formula around week 6 we have been concerned that we were over feeding him since he is still wanting to eat just as often as he was when he was nursing (supposedly formula fed babies are supposed to be able to go longer in between feedings). But our pediatrician assured us that it is pretty hard to over feed an infant, and that we could actually feed him more if we felt like he needed it. We also asked him about eating/sleeping schedules since he still does not have one...the only thing he consistently does is sleep in two 3-5 hour shifts at night, waking up only to eat before falling back asleep (allowing ample sleeping time for mom and dad...thanks baby!) He again assured us that it could be months before we begin recognizing consistent eating and sleeping patterns. He actually said that it is sometimes a concern of his when babies DO have a regular schedule at 2 months. This was an incredible relief to me, since I am trying to allow Baby Bo to make his own schedule. Since I am staying home with him, and he is practically sleeping through the night anyway, I see no need to put him on a rigid schedule just for my own benefit.
On a related note, I am loving being a stay at home mom! At the end of January I will begin working part time, but will still be able to stay home most of the day with him. I love being able to watch him evolve and grow each day, and noticing something new every day. Our favorite "trick" as of late has been his sweet, sweet smiles. His first smile appeared on Christmas Eve, the day before he turned 6 weeks old. For about a week his grins were few and far between, but now we can hardly get them to stop (not that we would want to). He is even starting to giggle and "talk." I love being able to interact with him, and especially love watching Mr. Bo interact with him. The only thing that melts my heart more than seeing my sweet baby smiling up at me is seeing him smiling at his daddy.

Lunch Time With Grandma


Go Tigers!

Hanging Out With Aunt Anna at Christmas

Nap Time (I was getting over a cold, hence the red nose)


Meeting Cousin Frances 

No comments:

Post a Comment