Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Busy, Busy, Bo's

Whew! It has been an exciting/fun/exhausting/stressful/crazy last few weeks! Right before Christmas I got a job (yay!), but did not begin working full time until after the New Year. After four Christmas celebrations (one of them being  4 days long and 10 hours away), BB came down with the flu (so much for the flu shot). Luckily we caught it somewhat early, and he was back to his normal self within a week. However, most of that week was spent looking like this...




Unfortunately, as his flu was letting up, mine was just beginning. That was on a Friday. Since I had to be at work full time the following Monday, I got a prescription for Tamiflu, and was quarantined to the bedroom for the rest of the weekend. Since the flu can be especially dangerous if you catch it twice in a row, I took special care to not be in contact with BB at all. Therefore, this is how I communicated with him most of the weekend...

Thank Goodness for FaceTime
Did I mention that throughout all of this, Mr. Bo and I were on a frantic search for good, quality, affordable childcare for BB? Last night we had (hopefully) our last caregiver interview, because I think we finally found the one! I was unwilling to settle AT ALL on anyone that I had even the tiniest reservation about. And after being home EVERYDAY for the past 13 1/2 months with him, it was a really hard decision for me. This week BB has been with a temporary sitter who we trust completely, but who isn't able to keep him long term. I wasn't sure how he would react to being with someone else all day, but apparently his first day went great! I believe the phrase "He is a delight!" may have come into play as well. :) Today didn't go quite as smoothly, but I am hoping that it was just because he was tired. Waking up at 6:15 every morning is a bit of an adjustment for him, especially since he just recently dropped his morning nap. He will begin with his permanent sitter next week, and I am anxious to get him started somewhere that will hopefully become a familiar, fun place for him to spend a couple days a week.
My new schedule is great, because I am working four, 10 hour days a week, with a floating day off. That, along with the two days of help a week I will be getting from my mom and Mr. Bo's mom, BB will only have to be at the sitter's two or three days a week. I am praying that everything works out, because I really like my new job! As much as I loved being a stay at home mom (and let's be honest, still would be if we could afford it), it feels good to be out of the house and working again. BB and I were both getting bored being at home everyday... BB especially, since he never sits down for even a second! I think it is going to be great for him to have a new routine, with some variety, and even some new kids to play with!

Must. Climb. Table...OR ELSE!


Here's to a new chapter!



No comments:

Post a Comment