Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break: They Just Don't Make em' Like They Used To

Well it looks like Mother Nature is kind enough, once again, to bless us with yet another spring. Mr. Bo and I kicked off the season with a relatively uneventful, yet wonderful and relaxing spring break from work. We had a pretty tough March financially (our checking account got down to $3.82. Yipes!), so we had a low key, inexpensive week. We were pretty bummed to not be able to travel this year like we have in the past. Last year we spent the week in sunny AZ visiting Mr. Bo's family, and it was wonderful. Here's a look back....




Our niece. We love her and miss her.



Spring Training Game: Angels vs. Indians
  


We really missed seeing that side of the family this year, but they will be coming to see us this summer, and we couldn't be more excited!


Anyway, we made the most of our week at home and just enjoyed being together. We spent a lot of our evenings playing old school board games. We started with Scrabble.


With words like "to" and "hi," the competition was pretty intense. I think Mr. Bo won.

Later in the week we played two games of Monopoly. The first game went pretty quick, due to my streak of bad luck. Darn you Monopoly Jail! The second game lasted a while longer, but it's a game I'm still pretty bitter about it.
I lost.
I don't want to talk about it. 

On Tuesday two of my best friends from high school, Mandy and Michelle, came to town for a visit. We had a great time together. We all live so far apart now (Michelle lives in Tennessee, and Mandy lives in Germany!), so it's great when we can all get together.




 On Friday I celebrated my birthday! That's right, I'm an April Fools baby! I got some money for my birthday from my family, so after a delicious waffle brunch at my Grandma and Grandpa's house here in town with two of my cousins, Mr. Bo and I went shopping. I got some new spring/summer clothes that I cannot wait to wear. That evening Mr. Bo's sister and her friend came to town and we all went to dinner for some delicious Thai food. Yum, yum, yummy!
Saturday night we spent at my other Grandma's house. She only lives about an hour away, but we still do not get to see her much. I loved being there, and was very sad when it was time to leave on Sunday afternoon. But when we got home my mood was brightened by the fact that the weather was so beautiful. We spent some time outside, just enjoying the sun and the breeze, and making plans for our back yard this spring (including a hammock!).






2 comments:

  1. I got this hammock for Christine's bday last year. It's way more comfy than a rope hammock, but I haven't tried to fit two people in it.
    Byer of Maine Model A101816-XL Barbados Hammock
    http://amzn.com/B0001KNATM

    Happy belated bday to you, by the way. Glad you're writing on here, it's the only way I can keep track of you guys back home.

    I may be coming back to MO for Memorial Day weekend. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you:( We need to celebrate your bday and Ben made "Mal Mal pewsent" as he calls it.

    ReplyDelete