Monday, May 30, 2011

This Week in Entertainment

Hello, My name is Mrs. Bo, and I am a Mario-aholic.

That's right, Mr. Bo and I have have become absolutely, unashamedly, addicted to Super Mario Brothers Wii. It came with the Wii I bought in December for Mr. Bo's Christmas present, but it wasn't until recently, thanks to the life changing discovery of the "Quick Save" option, that we really started getting into it. Now we are turtle tipping, world warping, toad stool feinding, awesome mother-truckers. I grew up playing Super Mario Brothers for Super Nintendo, so it's been fun to show off my skeeelz....or perhaps, lack there of depending on which world I am in (World 8: You are my Everest). Naturally Mr. Bo is much better at the game than I am; he says because of his reflexes, ( or as he calls it, Bo-flex). I think it is because men just have a genetic tendency to be bigger video game nerds than women. Regardless, if spending 5 hours on a cloudy saturday playing Nintendo with my husband is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.


In our defense, we originally planned to spend this past Saturday outside, but it turned out to be a rather disappointing day weather wise (big surprise). So In between Nintendo sessions we went out to lunch, grocery shopping, and around 9:30  that night we decided to go out to a movie. It was a toss up between The Hangover 2 and Bridesmaids. We decided on Bridesmaids being that it started at 9:55 and The Hangover didn't start till 10:10...that 15 minutes makes a big difference when you are married to a man who has a chronic case of falling asleep during movies syndrome. Lucky for him he did not fall asleep, because it was a great movie. Sooo funny. KristenWiig was Hil-ar-ious. Runner Up for most laugh inducing actress goes to Melissa McCarthy. Bravo Ladies.






I also finished reading the novel Water For Elephants. It was really good, all the way through to the end of the Author's notes. I am glad I read it, because I heard the movie was pretty disappointing. Even though I have not yet seen the movie, I would highly recommend reading the book first. I think you will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment