Thursday, October 6, 2011

Busy Bo's

The past two weekends were very busy for the Bo's. We had both of our baby showers, and attended an eight hour child birth class at the hospital.
A lot of people told us that they felt the child birth class was a waste of time, but at the risk of sounding like a huge nerd, I really enjoyed it. Being an early childhood major, a lot of the info was more of a "review" for me, but I also feel like I learned quite a bit. For example, I did not realize that boiling bottles was not a common practice anymore, and is actually completely unnecessary. You would think that for someone who enjoys keeping up with the latest infant/child research studies and practices (like I said, nerd) I would have figured that out by now. We also learned about lots of different breathing and pain management techniques (Epidural? Yes, please), and got a tour of the hospital. Even though I was like the geek sitting in the front of classroom taking notes and asking the teacher for more homework, and Mr. Bo was the kid sitting in the back of the class texting his buddies and falling asleep, I think we both benefited from the class.... and if you asked him, Mr. Bo may even admit to enjoying it a little bit too.

Both of our baby showers were wonderful, and we are both so grateful for those who took time out of their busy schedules to plan them, as well as the people who GENEROUSLY bought us gifts. We feel very blessed to have such great friends and family to support and share this time with us.

Our first shower was given to us by our friend Cortney....



She came up with a super cute owl theme



the hostess with the most-est


Our second shower was given to us by our church. I do not have many pictures from this shower, but since I know that you are just dying to see them, when I get some I will be sure to post them.


Just a quick snapshot with some fellow Bo's


Only six more weeks to go until the due date! Will we make it? We shall see...




No comments:

Post a Comment