Monday, June 4, 2012

A Day in the Life of a REAL Housewife

Monday, June 4, 2012

6:28 AM: I wake up to happy baby noises coming from the monitor on my night stand. Since they are happy noises, I stay in bed for another 15 minutes before getting up and retrieving BB from his bed.

BB and I make our way downstairs and I mix a bottle, turn the TV on, turn it to Lifetime (Will and Grace starts at 7!), and BB reluctantly drinks his bottle. I use the word "reluctantly" because BB is the squirmiest, most distracted, and dare I say, most annoying baby I have ever given a bottle to. Some days it takes him 40 minutes to finish 7 oz. I feel like we have tried everything....moving up a nipple size, decreasing the amount of formula, increasing the amount of time between bottles, taking lots of breaks for burps....but nothing works. On this particular morning he was much too interested in the dog laying on the couch next to us to even think of drinking his bottle. Our next step may be a sensory deprivation room.

7:00 AM: Mr. Bo leaves for work (he's doing summer school until the end of June). After BB finishes his bottle, he spends the rest of the morning playing downstairs. After about an hour he happily eats his breakfast of oatmeal and apple sauce, then it's upstairs for a diaper change, some books, and a nap.


8:30 AM: BB takes a nap and I putter around the house getting things done. Among other things, today I take the curtains down and wash them in the washing machine, clean all the windows, put laundry away, and try to take a little time to drink my coffee and enjoy the quiet....Unfortunately I also update our budget for the month of June...It was unfortunate because it's only the 5th and it already needed some major fine-tuning. Ugh...My inevitable doom of joining the ranks of working moms is slowly closing in on me.

10:15 AM: BB wakes up and we make our way outside to play in some water. BB has just recently decided he loves water, and I have just recently decided that I love it too because it keeps him entertained for quite some time. On this day I grabbed a washcloth, a cup, and some bath toys to put in a tub of soapy water.

We also played with bubbles!





10:45 AM: We come back inside, BB gets dressed, and I once again attempt to administer 7 oz of formula to an uninterested baby. After that we play some more inside, and I finally get around to eating some breakfast.

Noon: BB eats a D-E-licious lunch of a Mum-Mum appetizer, squash, peas, and rice cereal.

Yum-yum Mum-Mum!


12:30 PM: BB takes another nap, while I, once again, get some stuff done around the house (more laundry and cleaning the bathrooms). I also made time for lunch.

2:15 PM: BB wakes up from his nap and we leave the house to run errands. My main errand is to run by the pharmacy to finally get my new acne prescription filled....you know, the one I don't have to have blood drawn regularly for white-blood-cell counts to be able to continue taking it (and yes, that does mean that up until today I have been taking a medication that requires just that. However, my acne is gone and I am happy).When we get home BB gets...you guessed it...another bottle.

3:20 PM: Mr. Bo gets home! When BB is done eating we all go for a walk around the neighborhood.

4:45 PM: BB takes another nap, and I use the opportunity to go for a run, and finally take a shower.

5:30: BB wakes up and Mr. Bo gives him his dinner...more squash and peas!

6:00 PM: We hop in the car and drive to Messy Night! Messy Night is an event put on by our local Parents as Teachers program. My mom works for Parents as Teachers as a Parents Educator, and was also a coordinator for the Messy Night event. BB loved it! There were lots of sensory activities for preschool aged children, and plenty for infants to do too.

BB with his CC


Playing with his new friend Daniel at a "pat mat"

At the duck pond with Daddy

We hit the footprint station before we moved on to the baby doll baths! 

7:30 PM: We arrive back home with an exhausted BB. He gladly (for once) takes his last bottle of the day and is ready for bed.

Tired, but still going strong

8:00 PM: BB lays down after a particularly dramatic pajama-putting-on fiasco, followed by some cuddling and rocking with me. This is often my favorite part of the day because it is one of the few times during the day that he is being still enough to snuggle without squirming away, and attempting suicide dives out of my arms.

9:15 PM: Now here I sit, writing this blog while tomorrow's to-do list runs through my head (I absolutely must vacuum and mop). The Golden Girls is on in the background, and I am about to dig into the still steaming hot Totino's pizza sitting here next to the computer. Mr.Bo is gone to his Monday night co-ed softball game; usually the games are early enough that I am able to go watch, but tonight I am happy to have the time to write this overdue entry.

Tomorrow my day will be quite similar to today's, but hopefully will end with Mr. Bo and I on the couch enjoying a good movie.

This must be what they call "Livin' the Dream." :)



No comments:

Post a Comment