Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend Review

This past weekend was a bit more eventful than most of our weekends. On Friday evening my sister and her boyfriend came to town and stayed with us both Friday and Saturday nights. Mr. Bo's sister and her fiance were also in town, and on Friday night we all went to an outdoor concert downtown, while my mom stayed with BB until 2 a.m. (Thanks mom!) We had a BLAST! We saw Girl Talk. If you haven't heard of him (yes it's a him) you should look him up...especially if you like to shake what yo' mamma gave ya! As you can probably guess, there was a whole lot of shakin' going on that night! After the show we enjoyed some delish Sushi, and some more live music at another venue. It was so nice for Mr. Bo and I to get to go out and STAY out late, something we don't get to do much anymore. Staying out until 2 (followed by hanging out at home until after 3) is not something I necessarily want to do these days with a baby who gets up at 6....but on this particular occasion it was worth it.  It felt like old times, and it was great to hang out with my sister who I don't get to see much now that she lives a few hours away. 

The Show

Sisters

Saturday was a nice recovery day, as BB was in a good mood and we didn't have a whole lot to do. Mr. Bo was even kind enough to get up early with BB so I could sleep in a bit. That night Mr. Bo's family came over and we grilled out, but not before it started raining. The food was still yummy, but I was a bit of a party pooper and headed upstairs to bed around 8. 
Sunday was Father's Day! We are lucky enough to have both of our families living here in town so we were able to spend some time with both of our dad's during the day. I got up early that morning with BB so Mr. Bo could sleep, and he was allowed to watch as much sports as he wanted that day with no complaining from me (not really a whole lot different from most days, but whatevs'). I told him he was allowed to call the shots that day, and whatever he wanted to spend it doing was his call. That's what he chose. Go figure :). On Mother's Day I opted to have Mr. Bo relieve me of my BB responsibilities for the day, but on Father's Day he was still more than happy to mix bottles, change diapers, and roll around on the ground like a fool with our son. He's a pretty awesome dad. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my Mom Of The Year award to arrive in the mail....must have gotten lost. 


Now, it's going to sound like I'm going off subject, but just wait because I will have a point.....
For the past month or two Mr. Bo's cat, Dr. Katz (a.k.a Doc), has been living with my in-laws. Dr. Katz was a Bo family pet from around the time Mr. Bo was 14. After graduating from college, Mr.Bo took Dr. Katz in as his own when his parent's living situation at the time did not allow pets.  Around the time I got pregnant Mr. Bo's parents opted to take Dr. Katz back when our small home was beginning to feel a little over crowded with three pets and a baby on the way. Since they travel and live out of state for three months of the year, Dr. Katz has been back and forth for the past year or so, and as of Sunday was back living with his original "parents." Last week his health began to go downhill. He wasn't eating, drinking, or moving well, and on Sunday while we were at the Bo's he was not doing much of anything at all. He didn't even lift his head when you approached him. Over the night last night Dr. Katz passed away at the ripe old age of 17. The Bo's gave him a proper burial, and while we all knew it was coming, it is still incredibly sad to see him go. He played a big part in all of our lives for a long time. I believe my MIL captured all of our emotions when she said "He was an awesome cat who could annoy the heck out of you. I threatened to kill him several times, but now that he is gone I miss him terribly." 

A Good Cat

 
Dinner with The Doctor

Even though it ended sadly, the weekend was still a lot of fun over all. A lot of time with a lot of family. It was nice.






No comments:

Post a Comment