Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Adventures of Baby Bo: 10 months

Last week our not-so-"Baby"-Bo turned the big One-Oh...months that is. He is so active, so animated, so darn smart, and it is hard to believe how much he changes month to month.
Two weeks ago BB went in for his 9 month check up with the pediatrician. He is still as healthy as can be. He weighed 22 lbs (85th percentile) and was 29 inches tall (75th percentile). We didn't have to get any routine vaccinations or booster shots this time, however I did go ahead and get his flu vaccination over with, which he handled incredibly well (unfortunately he did not handle me accidentally pinching his neck in the car seat buckle a few days later with as much stride).
 I have started stocking up on some fall/winter clothes for him, and have been surprised to find that he is already wearing 18 month clothing. Finding pants has been particularly difficult, because while the 18 months pants may fit around his Michelin Man belly (and sometimes they are even to small!), they are way too long. I am also having a hard time finding shoes for him. I am a little embarrassed to admit this, but BB has never worn shoes. During the winter he always wore socks, but I can't even say that much for him this summer. He's been bare-footin' it since May! If anyone has any suggestions for finding well fitting shoes for a beginning walker with fat feet, I'm all ears.
While BB is still crawling, he really wants to walk. I spend more time than I would like, hunched over holding his hands so he can walk around, even going up the stairs. He definitely does not like it when I let go, and he isn't shy about letting me know. He also has a push toy that he can pull up on and walk around with when my back is about to break.
Now that Mr. Bo has gone back to work, my days with BB can seem pretty long and lonely. I try to keep busy, and get out of the house at least once a day, even if it's just going for a walk around the neighborhood. We visit my grandparents about once a week, and I try to schedule some play dates as well. I have also been attending a Conscious Discipline study through the church where I work part time. I have to leave BB in the nursery, which is great with wonderful sitters and lots of fun toys, but BB's separation anxiety keeps him from enjoying any of it. Talk about feeling like the worst parent in the word for wanting two hours of adult interaction! Sheesh! So, if anyone has any suggestions on dealing with that, once again, I am all ears!
A majority of our week is spent at home, where "we" play and explore all day long! We are having fun learning parts of the face, like nose, ears, and mouth; simple words like "mama" and "daddy," and a few meal time sign language phrases like "more" and "all done." BB loves playing with his music table, anything electronic with buttons (i.e. remotes and cell phones), chasing his Spider Man ball around the house, and his best friend is still the cat.  He also loves getting dirty outside, and incidentally dislikes taking baths.
 Oh to be young and care free...
Morning bottle
Giving kisses through the window
Say "Cheese!"
Belly laughs



                                             




1 comment:

  1. He is so cute!!!

    We really liked robeez for shoes. They are a little more expensive but you can find new ones on ebay for a lot cheaper and they stretch quite a bit.


    ReplyDelete