Sunday, February 10, 2013

As Of Late

Every few months I feel like I go through a bit of a dry spell when it comes to keeping up with the blog. Not surprisingly a dry spell such as this usually occurs at some point during the long, drab, winter months of January-March. For this reason I feel it is necessary that I give you all a quick update, just so you know that we are in fact alive and well.
I have been back at work for a little over a month now and am enjoying it. Baby Bo is still adjusting to his new child care routine, but overall I think it is going well. He is always in such a good mood at home, and we all appreciate the time we get to spend together as a family. The hardest part for me has been overcoming the feeling that I have become an absentee mom. I literally went from being with BB every single day, from the time he woke up to the time he went to sleep, to spending 10+ hours a day away from him. Mr. Bo gets him up and to the sitter's in the morning, and most of the time I don't get off work in time to be the one to pick him up. 
Needless to say, I really enjoy my one day off a week. BB and I usually spend a lazy hour or two at home in the morning eating breakfast and playing, before getting out and doing something fun. This past week we went to a local toy library, where not only do they have a room full of toys and books that you can check out to take home, but also a huge play room that is open for a few hours each day where children under the age of three can play for free! BB loved the gross motor room they had, and spent a majority of the time climbing, sliding, and throwing balls. 
They had snacks too!
This weekend Mr. Bo continued our Valentines Day/week tradition of helping out at a local candy shop, making delicious chocolate covered strawberries. While he has been doing that, BB and I have had some fun of our own. On Saturday morning our local Parents as Teachers program sponsored a free activity for 1-year-olds. They had lots of gross motor activities set up, and their free playroom was open as well. 
He loved crawling through the tunnels
We also ran a few errands. BB got a new pair of shoes, and then helped me pick out new curtains for our living room and dining room.
Those aren't toys; Those are accent pieces
On Friday night Mr. Bo and I had a fun night with friends, when we got to see Keller Williams in concert. It was so much fun, and we stayed out way too late! Saturday morning was NOT easy. Tonight Mr.Bo and I will end our weekend with our favorite meal (it's taco night!) and a movie on the couch. I may also get around to finally baking the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I bought the ingredients for weeks ago. This coming week my day off is on Friday, and the week after that my day off is on Monday....four day weekend! Holla! On Friday I plan to take BB to visit my grandma, and since President's Day is that Monday, Mr. Bo will have the day off too! I'm hoping that at some point in those four days we will be able to go on a Valentine's date, but we shall see. If not, a bottle of wine and a cozy night on the couch suits me pretty well these days. :) 


Oh, and for your viewing pleasure...BB found his old strap-on sunglasses from last summer, so of course we all had to take turns trying them on...






Have a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment