Monday, February 20, 2012

The Adventures of Baby Bo: 3 Months

Is my sweet little newborn really 3 months old already? I can't believe it. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Since he does not go back to the pediatrician until March, we do not know exactly how much he weighs, but if I had to guess I would say roughly a million trillion pounds, give or take. Boy does that boy know how to pack on the lbs! He still eats somewhat sporadically throughout the day, usually eating 4 or 5 oz every 2 to 4 hours, depending on how long his naps are. He also does not have an official napping schedule yet, but does have predictable patterns and behaviors that we follow throughout the day. He usually wakes up anywhere from 5:30 and 7:30 in the morning, eats, then is awake anywhere from an hour to two hours (usually about an hour and a half) and then goes back down for a nap, sometimes lasting only 30 or 40 minutes, but sometimes stretching to three hours. When he wakes up he eats again, and the cycle starts over and continues until around 10 at night. He has also been sleeping through the night for over two weeks now (Que the Hallelujah Chorus)! As mentioned in my last post, we are letting him make his own schedule, and the pediatrician told us it probably won't be until about 6 months when he begins to have a more consistent eating and sleeping schedule, with probably around two or three naps about the same time everyday, with longer awake times in between.
 One of Baby Bo's favorite pass times these days is looking at, and munching on his hands. It is the cutest thing to see him get such a kick out of his own two hands. He has the sweetest laugh too! Mr. Bo is the best at getting his giggles out, although I have managed to get some pretty good chuckles out of him this week myself.  One of my very favorite things he does right now though is "talking"...Especially when it is to himself, laying in bed before and after he sleeps. I love it when he wakes up happy and talking (as opposed to hungry and crying) because those are the times when I am greeted with a huge grin that just melts my heart. He has also started to bat at and hold onto small toys, and brings them to his mouth some too. He is still in the early stages of this developmental milestone, but it is great to see his mind and body at work.


Big Boy!


"I'm ready to have my butt scrubbed!"
                                                       


                                         
(I do have shorts on in this video btw, you just can't tell)

No comments:

Post a Comment