Monday, February 6, 2012

Pinterest Interests

After starting my Pinterest account Pre-baby, I found my self severly neglecting my account post-baby. Recently I have rededicated myself to pinning, and am slowly working my way towards "doing" (because isn't that sort of the point of Pinterest... actually doing the things you pin?). Here are  few of my Pinterest interests today....

                                                                               
Avocado Yogurt Dip with Cumin

  • 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt 
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion 
  • 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro 
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeƱo pepper
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 
  • 1 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely chopped
  • garlic clove, minced 

For last night's super bowl game I made this.You just throw all the ingredients into a blender to make a creamy, yummy dip with only 70 calories! I served mine with carrots, celery, and pita chips...I use the term "served" loosely because what I actually did was dump it into a tupperware bowl and set it all out on the coffee table. I chose to make this (my first Pinterest recipe by the way) because it sounded easy. But with all the chopping (and a hungry baby needing my attention) it turned into a messy, hour long ordeal.





















I think this idea is so cute, and I really want to do it. I even have the perfect orange onesie for it. Still, something tells me that mine wont come out looking quite so cute. In fact, I can see myself majorly screwing something like this up. None the less, next time I have a bleach pen handy I think I shall try it. Any suggestions for a cute design, or maybe a funny saying? "Peace, Love, and Poop" perhaps?











                               Amen



Being a financially challenged individual, and a minimalist at heart, I'm really diggin' this right now. So true. 




















And in honor of yesterday being Super Bowl Sunday, and of my lack of knowlege of (and interest in) sports...













Have a wonderful week everyone!






1 comment: