Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Be Mine

Valentines Day 2011 = Success!

 Regardless of my relationship status in the past, I have always loved Valentines Day. This year was no exception. If anything, my allegiance to the holiday was reinforced. The festivities began on Friday evening when Mr. Bo surprised me with these...

Irises

 Then the two of us went to dinner at our new favorite restaurant, Bleu. The bar was set pretty high for this restaurant, since we have heard so many great things about it over the past few years. We were not disappointed. Neither was our waitress, since I'm pretty sure we probably payed her first child's college tuition with the amount of food and drinks we ordered; Smoked salmon dip, sauteed Brussels sprouts, tuna burger sliders with Caesar salad, and fish tacos. We ate it all.

The next morning when we awoke from our food comas, we went to the The Candy Factory to assist in the production of their famous chocolate covered strawberries. Mr. Bo and I spent around 8 hours that day pulling strawberries off the production line, and placing them in small, red, paper cups, before they were boxed and ready to be purchased by satisfied customers all over the Midwest. The Candy Factory is run by long time acquaintances of mine and Mr. Bo's families, so we are more than happy to help out during their busiest time of year. Aside from the monetary benefits to helping out, there are obviously some tasty benefits as well....I'm not much for sugar and sweets, but I am a sucker for their dark chocolate covered strawberries. Later that night Mr. Bo and I spent a delightful evening at The Bam, (where my seester works), with Mr. Bo's seester, and my momma. We retired to bed early again that evening, so Mr. Bo could help out at the factory again on Sunday. I slept in until a glorious 11:30 a.m. I also went grocery shopping for the dinner I prepared the next evening for our Valentine's dinner at home.

Monday I went to work and made some yummy cookies with one of my favorite tods...

                                                              My Sous-Chef


After the baking was done, we moved on to the really fun part; The decorating!...



 We had to sample a few, too.



                    I decorated some cookies to bring home to Mr. Bo                                   


While I was there, these beautiful flowers were delivered from the wonderful parents I work for...


That evening I came home, straightened up the house (and myself), and made a delicious Valentine's dinner of lemon pasta with roasted shrimp, sauteed asparagus, and cheesecake cupcakes. Our wonderful weekend ended on the couch, where we watched one of my favorite movies of all time; "My Best Friend's Wedding."

Valentines Day 2011 = Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment