Monday, February 21, 2011

Food For Thought

So today I stumbled upon this blog, and now I can't stop reading it! Why do I love it so much?....Because it's about animals! I am not a woman of many passions, but I would have to say that animals are probably one of the few passions I do have. I'm taking a huge risk in admitting this, but I'm gonna pull a Betty White and say that sometimes I like animals more than I like people (GASP!). I think I am drawn to their innocence. I also believe that all animals are extremely brilliant. Like, did you know that pigs are smarter than any other domestic animal? You can teach them tricks like rolling over, or jumping through hoops, and they can learn it on the first try.  That's why I like seeing posts like this.
In November 2009 I challenged myself with a "No Meat November." Since then I have been eating a primarily pescatarian diet. This is not to say that I do not consider fish to be meat, but I feel that it is important for people to use conscious decision making when choosing the food they eat - my choice was to cut out a bulk of the foods that keep corporate factory farms in business. Mr.Bo does eat meat (because he is a grown up and can do what he wants). He rarely eats meat at home, however, and uses his conscious decision making skills when we go out, which means he has cut his meat consumption by a fraction as well. Yay!


That being said, enjoy this video of Mine and Mr. Bo's very own Dr. Katz getting a post-it note stuck to his foot :).


No comments:

Post a Comment