Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This Week in Entertainment

Mr. Bo and I never go to the movies...and by never I mean maybe three or four times a year. Over the past few years we have become Netflix junkies. Rarely does it ever cross my mind that a movie might be worth seeing on the big screen rather than automatically adding it to our NF Que before it even hits theaters, and waiting a short 5 or 6 months for it to reach our television screen. But this past weekend we made an exception for brews and "Black Swan" at a local independent film cinema. I loved it. It was a little creepy and trip-tastic at times, but being a fan of  Darren Aronofsky's previous work, this came as no surprise. A must see in my book.


Sunday Mr. Bo and I enjoyed our weekly pizza and movie night together on our couch, where we watched "Inception". While I cannot say that I loved this movie, I did enjoy it very much. I recommend sipping on a nice glass of Merlot while watching this movie though, because it had my heart racing the entire time. Also, at the risk of sounding dense, I will say that I didn't understand the end...sorry.












Since Mr. Bo's wonderful wife, (that's me) gave him a Wii for Christmas, we are now also Netflix "watch instantly" junkies. This is especially true because since buying our home in July we have had no cable or satellite, with sketchy access to local network stations. Typically our watch instantly Que is reserved for television series', documentaries, rockumentaries, and according to the suggestions made to us by NF, "goofy stoner comedies". Our watch instantly Que is perfect for an evening at home, a lazy Saturday, and snow days. For example, today, (a snow day) I put on Wilco's "I am Trying to Break your Heart" while cleaning the house. Currently I am half-heartedly viewing "SNL: The Best of Adam Sandler." Some of our other favorites include the shows "Weeds" and "Crank Yankers", and the best Anna Farris movie ever, "Smiley Face".





In other media news, I just finished the best book I have ever read; The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I can hardly wait to finish the series. Before that I finished the first book in the juvenile fiction series Hunger Games.... Also a great read. The dilemma that I am now faced with: Which series do I continue on with first?

No comments:

Post a Comment